Saturday, July 22, 2006

Middle East: Java Wants to Know

Our very own little sister Java, now 8 months old, is starting to ask embarrassing questions about the situation in the Middle East.

Why is that lady Condi Rice saying that the root cause of the conflict is Syria’s and Iran’s support and financing of Hezbollah?” barked Java.

Well…I…I…was all I could muster.

Isn’t the USA supporting and financing Israel? Just this morning I read in the New York Times that the USA is rushing new missiles to Israel.”

Yes, but…, then I went barkless…

Why is support and financing sometimes good and sometimes bad?”

Then at a loss for words, I quoted Orwell: “All support and financing are equal. But some are more equal than others”
I don’t know for the life of me where little Java had read Animal Farm, but somehow she got my point.

Wag on lil’ Java.
Dudley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Cell Phones
Real Simple Magazine Subscription