Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Mind Your Own Business, President Musharraf

Dear Pervez Musharraf,

I heard your interview on the CBC, and here is my reaction: Mind your own business! I do not need you to tell me how to feel or what to think about our soldiers dying in Afghanistan. Canadian lives matter to me.

Here’s what Pervez Musharraf had to say, courtesy of The Globe and Mail:

"We have suffered 500 casualties, Canadians may have suffered four or five," he said in the interview. "You suffer two dead, and there's a cry and shout all around the base that there are coffins. Well, we've had 500 coffins."

First of all, get your facts straight. We lost 36 soldiers in Afghanistan, not four or five. I understand that you have a book to sell, but please do not insult us Canadians. I do not know what value you personally place on a human life, but to me, every Canadian soldier’s death is a tragedy. Our boys and girls didn’t ask to go and die in your troubled region. Maybe Musharraf should clean up his own backyard, don't you think?

Oh, and for the record, I don’t even think our soldiers should be out there under the current situation. So there’s nothing “political” about my outrage.

You say we’re whining. Here’s my answer: Zip It! I’ll cry and shout if I want to!

Two tails down,
Dudley

1 Comments:

Blogger Red Tory said...

I second that emotion.

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Cell Phones
Real Simple Magazine Subscription