Monday, November 27, 2006

Dion: Still the One

I know exactly where I stand on that whole nation issue. I have known where I stand for about twenty years. But I’m still working on the exact wording – It’s not always easy being a French-Canadian-Federalist-Québécois (you can call me Quebecer, I won’t mind) – but I’ll get to it soon enough. For now, I can tell you that the whole "Nation thing" is a bloody mess. And yes, I do blame Mr. Ignatieff for initiating that mess.

In the meantime, here’s my favourite quote of the day, courtesy of The Toronto Star:

Bonnie Brown (Oakville) is backing Dion, saying she likes his "rigorous intellectual discipline."
"I think we're going to need that in the next election to make sure the team moves forward together," Brown said. "I like to know that my leader is the leader and is not dithering.
"I think he's the one who can unite the party. ... He's very good at pulling people together, at finding consensus and compromise," Brown said.


In other words, whatever my position on the Nation motion, I will still support Stéphane Dion. A leader must be a leader, not a one-issue wonder.

Dudley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Cell Phones
Real Simple Magazine Subscription